“Bienvenue Vélo” is a label awarded to all properties offering services and facilities that meet the needs of cyclists. Whether you want to stay in labelled accommodation or stop for a gourmet break in a restaurant before visiting a museum or an attraction, you are more than welcome with your two wheels. On this page, discover all the advantages for cyclists who choose an establishment that meets the criteria of this label. You don’t have to look for a place to park your bicycle for the duration of your visit, everything is at your disposal!
The "Bienvenue vélo" label
For a cyclist, choosing a property with the " Bienvenue Vélo" label means that it is a good place to stop and the hosts are happy for you to arrive by bicycle. Whether it’s a restaurant, accommodation, tourist attractions, museums, information points (tourism offices or tourist centres) or producers and craftsmen, all will be delighted to welcome you with a service adapted to your needs as a cyclist. There’s no need to worry about a place to park your bicycle, everything is provided!
All the places and accommodation with the “Bienvenue Vélo” label are suitable for cyclists. They must meet a series of carefully defined criteria that can guarantee the specific needs of cyclists. Here is a brief overview of the criteria that holders of a ” Bienvenue Vélo” label must meet:
- is located at most 5 km from a bicycle network (RAVeL, trail network…).
- provides covered, secured premises to store bicycles free of charge.
- provides a repair kit and a first aid kit if required.
- provides information about options for enjoying a hearty meal.
- provides useful information about cycling networks and services for cyclists.